Tuesday, October 17

Some Good News // Info About Me

I just got some amazing news. The owners of the house I wanted to buy in eastern Pennsylvania have accepted my offer! Because I only live in an apartment now, it's going to be really easy to move. I'm leaving Chicago on October 27th, driving down to Matamoras, and moving in on the 29th. I guess I can check off "move to Pennsylvania" on my list of 43 Things to Do With My Life!

I think it's time you knew a little more about me. If I want you to trust me that Miss Corinn lies, I'm going to have to give you some information.

My name is Frank Dawes. I'm 34 years old. My birthday is November 17th, at which time I'll be 35. I'm kind of excited, but that's just another year closer to 40 (which I'm dreading.) The hill always seemed so far away, and now here I am, more than halfway up.

Right out of college, I went to work at a big, famous company as an assistant to the CEO. Eventually, as the years went by, I moved up in the ranks, ultimately occupying the spot of Director of Web Site Design. I was in charge of keeping the company's website updated with new product information. I wrote the information, though, and I delegated all coding and HTML responsibilities to the people who worked for me. That's why the website I'm working on right now isn't going to be THAT great, at least not at first. My life was great. I made a decent amount of money every year, I was able to buy myself a house. And then... well... something happened. I was fired and threatened with criminal charges. I was heartbroken, because the accusations were completely unfounded. They accused me of STEALING from my company. Eventually the charges were dropped.

So, I've been out of work for the past two years. I had to sell my house because I couldn't pay the mortgage. I've held a number of part-time jobs, but no one wants to hire a suspected thief. I really want to get back into the kind of work I love, but I don't know if that's going to happen any time in the near future.

And it's all Miss Corinn's fault. If she hadn't... well, I'm sure that'll come out as time progresses. I don't think I want to give out that information just yet.

Thank you for your attention. Now, back to work on the website.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. It looks like things are looking up for you, though. Pennsylvania is a nice state--I went to college there myself. I'll keep checking back for more info about Miss Corinn's shady operation.

DrBunker said...

Sorry to be picky Frank (I am on your side after all) but you mention on your 43 things page that you want to quit your job -- it's a bit late for that isn't it? (One of the other things on there is 'buy a house', that's at least two things you've suceeded in, albeit at the same time)

Looking forward to you completing item two on the list.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I reckon you could crack item 21 on your list today. That's an easy one. 23 isn't all it's made out to be though!

When do you reckon item 2 will be finished? What's the address going to be?

Frank Dawes said...

From: Miss Corinn < misscorinn@yahoo.com >
To: Frank Dawes < frankdawes@yahoo.com >

Subject: Re: HER

Look out your window.

Thank you and email Miss Corinn soon!

~Miss Corinn